Local Buying Program - Providing competitive supply opportunities for local businesses
User Log In
- About the Local Buying Program
- MEDIA RELEASE – BHP Billiton Provides Update on Opportunities – 16 June 2016
- MEDIA RELEASE – Moranbah Community News – 25 May 2016
Newsletters and Program Updates
- What our stakeholders had to say at the end of Year 3
- BMA Local Buying Program – the 3 year story
- Local Buying Program Quarterly Summary (March 2016)
- Local Buying Program and Local Buying Foundation eNews (April 2016)
- The new Local Buying Foundation website and funding application forms are currently in development and will be released soon.
- Funding Round Dates for 2016:
26 Feb : Round 1 27 May : Round 2
- 26 Aug : Round 3
- 25 Nov : Round 4
- Local Buying Community Foundation Annual Report (June 2015)
- Local Buying Foundation Quarterly Summary (April 2016)
- Community Foundation Guidelines and Funding EOI
- Local Buying Community Foundation – Project Funding Report (2012-2015)
Welcome to the Local Buying Program and C-Res
The Local Buying Program is a targeted program providing opportunities for small businesses, with less than 25 full-time employees, to competitively supply goods and services to BHP Billiton – Mt Arthur Coal in New South Wales or BMA (BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance) / BMC (BHP Billiton Mitsui Coal) operations in Queensland. The Program targets businesses registered or operating with a primary place of business in the local government areas surrounding these operations along the east coast of Australia. In Queensland, the local government areas are Central Highlands, Isaac and Mackay Regions and in New South Wales the local government areas are Muswellbrook, Singleton and Upper Hunter Shires. All communities located in these areas are eligible to apply.
C-Res (a cost neutral entity) was established in 2012 to deliver the original BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance’s (BMA) Local Buying Program and now proudly delivers the Program for all BHP Billiton Australian Coal assets.
We value your feedback on the Local Buying Program, and would like to hear from you. Please click here to provide your comments as we welcome all opportunities for continuous improvement ensuring the Program continues to meet the needs of BHP Billiton and local suppliers.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Keep up to date on C-Res, the Local Buying Program and the Local Buying Foundation by following C-Res (Qld) Pty Ltd on LinkedIn.
Upcoming Events 2016
Events listed below are delivered or sponsored by the Local Buying Program or Local Buying Foundation.
1 August 2016
- NSW – Local Buying Program Supplier Update & Information Session – SCONE (5.15pm-6.30pm)
2 August 2016
- NSW – Local Buying Program Supplier Update & Information Session – MUSWELLBROOK (5.15pm-6.30pm)
3 August 2016
- NSW – Local Buying Program Supplier Update & Information Session – SINGLETON (5.15pm-6.30pm)
8 September 2016
- QLD – Local Buying Program Information Session – C-Res & BHP Billiton – MACKAY (4.00pm-5.00pm)
- QLD – Business Engagement Event – Local Buying Foundation – MACKAY(5.30pm-7.30pm)
- QLD – Investing in our Future Conference – Central Highlands Development Corporation – EMERALD
8 December 2016
- QLD – Business Engagement Event – Local Buying Foundation – DYSART – (5.30pm-7.30pm)