Local Buying Program - Providing competitive supply opportunities for local businesses
User Log In
About the Local Buying Program
- Qld – Regional Business Opportunities Growing as BHP Billiton Local Buying Program Sets New Records – 21 Oct 2016
- Qld – New Business Opportunities Growing for BHP Billiton’s Local Suppliers – 12 Aug, 2016
- More Media Releases, reports and updates
Newsletters and Program Updates
- Local Buying Program Quarterly Summary (Dec 2016)
- Qld – Local Buying Program and Local Buying Foundation eNews (Nov 2016)
- NSW – Local Buying Program eNews (Dec 2016)
Local Buying Foundation (LBF)
The LBF is a crucial element of the Local Buying Program.
Funding guidelines and application forms are available on the LBF Website.
Funding Round Dates for 2017:
- 24 Feb : Round 1
- 26 May : Round 2
- 25 Aug : Round 3
- 24 Nov : Round 4
Welcome to the Local Buying Program and C-Res
The Local Buying Program is a targeted program providing opportunities for small businesses, with less than 25 full-time equivalent employees (not including casual staff, subcontractors trainees, or apprentices), to competitively supply goods and services to BHP Billiton – Mt Arthur Coal in New South Wales or BMA (BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance) / BMC (BHP Billiton Mitsui Coal) operations in Queensland. The Program targets businesses registered or operating with a primary place of business in the local government areas surrounding these operations along the east coast of Australia. In Queensland, the local government areas are Central Highlands, Isaac and Mackay Regions and in New South Wales the local government areas are Muswellbrook, Singleton and Upper Hunter Shires. All communities located in these areas are eligible to apply.
C-Res (a cost neutral entity) was established in 2012 to deliver the original BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance’s (BMA) Local Buying Program and now proudly delivers the Program for all BHP Billiton Australian Coal assets.
We value your feedback on the Local Buying Program, and would like to hear from you. Please click here to provide your comments as we welcome all opportunities for continuous improvement ensuring the Program continues to meet the needs of BHP Billiton and local suppliers.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Keep up to date on C-Res, the Local Buying Program and the Local Buying Foundation by following C-Res (Qld) Pty Ltd on LinkedIn.
Upcoming Events 2017
Events listed below are delivered or sponsored by the Local Buying Program or Local Buying Foundation.
9 February 2017
- Qld – BBMC Luncheon – Bowen Basin Mining Club – MACKAY
21 February 2017
- Qld – Innovative Solutions Expo – Resource Industry Network – MORANBAH
23-25 February & 7-9 March 2017
- Qld – FocalPoint Coaching – Phase 1 – Central Highlands Development Corporation/Andrew Snow – EMERALD
24 February 2017
- Qld – Bigger, Better, Stronger Conference – Mackay Region Chamber of Commerce – MACKAY
7-9 March 2017
- Qld – Accounting and Finance Workshops – TM3 Training/Next Accounting – MACKAY & MORANBAH
14 March – 25 May 2017
- Qld – FocalPoint Coaching – Phase 2 – Central Highlands Development Corporation/Andrew Snow – EMERALD
16 -17 March 2017
- Qld – Future Food and Fibre Conference – Central Highlands Regional Resources Use Planning Cooperative Limited (CHRRUP) – CPAELLA
24 March 2017
- Qld – Safety Conference – Resource Industry Network – MACKAY
30 March 2017
- Qld – BBMC Luncheon – Bowen Basin Mining Club – MORANBAH
12 May 2017
- Qld – Chairmans’ Awards – Resource Industry Network – MACKAY
13 May 2017
- Qld – Business Awards – Moranbah Traders Association – MORANBAH
15-19 May 2017
- Qld – Small Business Week – Central Highlands Development Corp, Isaac Regional Council, Mackay Region Chamber of Commerce – CENTRAL HIGHLANDS, ISAAC & MACKAY
20 June – 18 October 2017
- Qld – FocalPoint Coaching – Phase 3 – Central Highlands Development Corporation/Andrew Snow – EMERALD
28 October 2017
- Qld – Business Excellence Awards – Central Highlands Development Corporation – EMERALD