Local Buying Program - Providing competitive supply opportunities for local businesses
User Log In
About the Local Buying Program
- More than just chops and snags 1 June, 2017
- BHP Mt Arthur Coal celebrates Local Buying Program and launches NSW Local Buying Foundation, 29 May, 2017
- More Media Releases, reports and updates
Newsletters and Program Updates
- Local Buying Program and Local Buying Foundation eNews (Mar 2017)
- Local Buying Program Year to Date Summary (Mar 2017)
- Local Buying Program Annual Summary (2015 – 2016)
Local Buying Foundation (LBF)
The LBF is a crucial element of the Local Buying Program.
Funding guidelines and application forms are available on the LBF Website.
Funding Round Dates for 2017:
24 Feb : Round 1 26 May : Round 2
- 25 Aug : Round 3
- 24 Nov : Round 4
Welcome to the Local Buying Program and C-Res
The Local Buying Program is a targeted program providing opportunities for small businesses, with less than 25 full-time equivalent employees (not including casual staff, subcontractors trainees, or apprentices), to competitively supply goods and services to BHP – Mt Arthur Coal in New South Wales or BMA (BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance) / BMC (BHP Billiton Mitsui Coal) operations in Queensland. The Program targets businesses registered or operating with a primary place of business in the local government areas surrounding these operations along the east coast of Australia. In Queensland, the local government areas are Central Highlands, Isaac and Mackay Regions and in New South Wales the local government areas are Muswellbrook, Singleton and Upper Hunter Shires. All communities located in these areas are eligible to apply.
C-Res (a cost neutral entity) was established in 2012 to deliver the original BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance’s (BMA) Local Buying Program and now proudly delivers the Program for all BHP Australian Coal assets.
We value your feedback on the Local Buying Program, and would like to hear from you. Please click here to provide your comments as we welcome all opportunities for continuous improvement ensuring the Program continues to meet the needs of BHP and local suppliers.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Keep up to date on C-Res, the Local Buying Program and the Local Buying Foundation by following C-Res (Qld) Pty Ltd on LinkedIn.
Upcoming Events 2017
Events listed below are delivered or sponsored by the Local Buying Program or Local Buying Foundation.
14 June 2017
- Qld – Service Awards – Moranbah Traders Association – MORANBAH
20 June – 18 October 2017
- Qld – FocalPoint Coaching – Phase 3 – Central Highlands Development Corporation/Andrew Snow – EMERALD
30 June 2017
- Qld – EOFY Set for Success Event – Mackay Region Chamber of Commerce – MACKAY
28 July 2017
- Qld – BBMC Luncheon – Bowen Basin Mining Club – MACKAY
28 October 2017
- Qld – Business Excellence Awards – Central Highlands Development Corporation – EMERALD