Approved Work Instructions
Local Buying Program Queensland Quick Stats
(as at Sep 15 2021, since inception, 2012)
The Local Buying Program has been established to support small businesses in the Central Highlands, Isaac and Mackay local government areas in their engagements with BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) and BHP Mitsui Coal (BMC).
Recognising that it can often be challenging for smaller businesses to engage as a supplier of BHP, the Program makes it simpler and easier for these businesses to competitively bid for supply opportunities that are released by BMA and BMC operations.
A critical element of the Local Buying Program is the Local Buying Foundation which aims to enhance the economic sustainability of local regions through the support of programs and initiatives that target local business training and development needs. For every transaction processed through the Local Buying Program in Queensland, BMA / BMC make a financial contribution to the Foundation.
Some benefits of participating in the Local Buying Program include:
- Greater supplier exposure to BMA and BMC operations through an online supplier directory
- Greater exposure to work opportunities
- A simplified engagement tool (Local Buying Program website)
- Appropriate payment terms (7 days from receipt of invoice)
- Simpler supplier on boarding process
- Qualification criteria specific for small business
- Continuous support from C-Res
Local small businesses who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to register.
Click below to find: