*paid to small, local and Indigenous businesses
Approved Work Instructions
Average Payment Days*
*from receipt of invoice since 1 July 2021
Local Buying Program South Australia Quick Stats
(as at Dec 10 2023, since inception, 2017)
The Local Buying Program has been established to support small businesses in the eligible regions in South Australia in their engagements with BHP.
Recognising that it can often be challenging for smaller businesses to engage as a supplier of BHP, the Program makes it simpler and easier for these businesses to competitively bid for supply opportunities that are released by Olympic Dam.
A critical element of the Local Buying Program is the building of sustainable communities in the regions that the Program operates in. As such, the Program supports BHP’s business development programs which aim to drive sustainable growth in local townships and communities. BHP and C-Res work closely with the local community to identify which programs are best suited to local businesses and provide genuine benefit, and consult closely with local organisations and representatives to jointly agree on the priority areas for development programs and to ensure these are aligned with existing and future initiatives.
Some benefits of participating in the Local Buying Program include:
- Greater supplier exposure to BHP operations through an online supplier directory
- Greater exposure to work opportunities
- A simplified engagement tool (Local Buying Program website)
- Appropriate payment terms (7 days from receipt of invoice)
- Simpler supplier on boarding process
- Qualification criteria specific for small business
- Continuous support from C-Res and Tactic (formerly GMUSG) partnering with C-Res to deliver the Local Buying Program
Local small businesses who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to register.
Click below to find:
- SA Local Buying Program and Local Buying Foundation Brochure
- The latest SA LBP News
- SA Summaries and Data
C-Res are proud to be working with Tactic to facilitate engagement with local business in South Australia.