About the Program
The Local Buying Program has been established to support small businesses in the eligible regions in Western Australia in their engagement with BHP.
Recognising that it can often be challenging for smaller businesses to engage as a supplier of BHP, the Program makes it simpler and easier for these businesses to competitively bid for supply opportunities that are released by BHP’s Western Australia Iron Ore operations.
A critical element of the Local Buying Program is the building of sustainable communities in the regions that the Program operates in. For every transaction processed through the Local Buying Program in Western Australia BHP allocates funds that will be used to establish business community development programs that complement programs already being delivered by BHP.
Some benefits of participating in the Local Buying Program include:
- Greater supplier exposure to BHP operations through an online supplier directory
- Greater exposure to work opportunities
- A simplified engagement tool (Local Buying Program website)
- Appropriate payment terms (21 days from receipt of invoice)
- Simpler supplier on boarding process
- Qualification criteria specific for small business
- Continuous support from C-Res
Local small businesses who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to register.
More about the Program in Western Australia – Highlights
- Western Australia Highlights (April to June 2019)
- Western Australia Highlights (January to March 2019)
- Western Australia Highlights (October to December 2018)
Western Australia Annual Summary FY19
For more information contact C-Res:
♦ C-Res Business Development Advisor – Newman: Georgie McInerney
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org | 0447 963 479
♦ C-Res Business Development Advisor – Port Hedland: Mj van Vuuren
Email – email@example.com | 0408 168 705
♦ C-Res Office: firstname.lastname@example.org | 1800 536 663
Events listed below are either of relevance to the local business community or are delivered or sponsored by the Local Buying Program.
BHP LOCAL BUYING PROGRAM – ‘Meet the Buyer’ Business Development Sessions
BHP LOCAL BUYING PROGRAM – ‘Meet the Buyer’ Business Development Sessions on Tuesday 22, October (Port Hedland) and Thursday October 24, 2019 (Newman).
You are invited to network and add value to how you do business over a light lunch with BHP Buyers.
A range of potential BHP Buyers will attend from Port and Rail maintenance, Projects/Engineering (including South Flank), site infrastructure, shutdowns, and Non-Processing Infrastructure (camps, housing, etc). BHP will also be inviting major contracting partners.
You won’t want to miss this opportunity to showcase your business capabilities!
* Port Hedland: October 22, 2019 – Web Business Hub, Edgar St, Port Hedland from 11am – 3pm. RSVP essential.
* Newman: October 24, 2019 – The Pavilion from 11am – 2:30pm. RSVP essential.
RSVP is essential. For more information please email email@example.com