About the Program
The Local Buying Program has been established to support small businesses in the eligible regions in Western Australia in their engagement with BHP.
Recognising that it can often be challenging for smaller businesses to engage as a supplier of BHP, the Program makes it simpler and easier for these businesses to competitively bid for supply opportunities that are released by BHP’s Western Australia Iron Ore operations.
A critical element of the Local Buying Program is the building of sustainable communities in the regions that the Program operates in. For every transaction processed through the Local Buying Program in Western Australia BHP allocates funds that will be used to establish business community development programs that complement programs already being delivered by BHP.
Some benefits of participating in the Local Buying Program include:
- Greater supplier exposure to BHP operations through an online supplier directory
- Greater exposure to work opportunities
- A simplified engagement tool (Local Buying Program website)
- Appropriate payment terms (21 days from receipt of invoice)
- Simpler supplier on boarding process
- Qualification criteria specific for small business
- Continuous support from C-Res
Local small businesses who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to register.
Read more about the program in Western Australia:
- Local Buying Program Brochure (WA)
- Local Buying Program Overview (WA)
- Local Buying Program – Annual Summary (2017-2018)
For more information contact C-Res:
C-Res Business Engagement Advisor: MJ Van Vuuren | email@example.com | 0447 963 479
C-Res National Manager – Program Administration: Debbie Porter | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0439 888 237
C-Res Office: email@example.com | 1800 536 663