About the Program
The Local Buying Program has been established to support small businesses in the eligible regions in South Australia in their engagements with BHP.
Recognising that it can often be challenging for smaller businesses to engage as a supplier of BHP, the Program makes it simpler and easier for these businesses to competitively bid for supply opportunities that are released by Olympic Dam.
A critical element of the Local Buying Program is the building of sustainable communities in the regions that the Program operates in. For every transaction processed through the Local Buying Program in South Australia BHP allocates funds that will be used to establish business community development programs that complement programs already being delivered by BHP.
Some benefits of participating in the Local Buying Program include:
- Greater supplier exposure to BHP operations through an online supplier directory
- Greater exposure to work opportunities
- A simplified engagement tool (Local Buying Program website)
- Appropriate payment terms (21 days from receipt of invoice)
- Simpler supplier on boarding process
- Qualification criteria specific for small business
- Continuous support from C-Res & Global Maintenance USG (partnering with C-Res to deliver the Local Buying Program)
Local small businesses who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to register.
More about the Program in South Australia:
For more information contact:
C-Res Business Engagement Advisor: Lauren Crighton | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0437 993 180
GMUSG Partner: Mark Malcolm | email@example.com | 0419 820 641 (Global Maintenance USG)
C-Res Office | firstname.lastname@example.org 1800 536 663
C-Res are proud to be working with Global Maintenance USG to facilitate engagement with local business in South Australia.