About the Program
The Local Buying Program has been established to support small businesses in the eligible regions in South Australia in their engagements with BHP.
Recognising that it can often be challenging for smaller businesses to engage as a supplier of BHP, the Program makes it simpler and easier for these businesses to competitively bid for supply opportunities that are released by Olympic Dam.
A critical element of the Local Buying Program is the building of sustainable communities in the regions that the Program operates in. As such, the Program supports BHP’s business development programs which aim to drive sustainable growth in local townships and communities. BHP and C-Res work closely with the local community to identify which programs are best suited to local businesses and provide genuine benefit, and consult closely with local organisations and representatives to jointly agree on the priority areas for development programs and to ensure these are aligned with existing and future initiatives.
Some benefits of participating in the Local Buying Program include:
- Greater supplier exposure to BHP operations through an online supplier directory
- Greater exposure to work opportunities
- A simplified engagement tool (Local Buying Program website)
- Appropriate payment terms (21 days from receipt of invoice)
- Simpler supplier on boarding process
- Qualification criteria specific for small business
- Continuous support from C-Res & Global Maintenance USG (partnering with C-Res to deliver the Local Buying Program)
Local small businesses who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to register.
More information is available in the South Australia – Local Buying Program brochure.
More about the Program in South Australia – Highlights
- South Australia Highlights (July to September 2019)
- South Australia Highlights (April to June 2019)
- South Australia Highlights (January to March 2019)
- South Australia Highlights (October to December 2018)
South Australia Annual Summary FY19
For more information contact:
C-Res Business Development Advisor: Jessica Cardno | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0437 993 180
GMUSG Partner: Mark Malcolm | email@example.com | 0419 820 641 (Global Maintenance USG)
C-Res Office | firstname.lastname@example.org 1800 536 663
C-Res are proud to be working with Global Maintenance USG to facilitate engagement with local business in South Australia.
Events listed below are either of relevance to the local business community or are delivered or sponsored by the Local Buying Program.
BHP LOCAL BUYING PROGRAM – ‘Meet the Buyer’ Business Development Sessions
BHP LOCAL BUYING PROGRAM – ‘Meet the Buyer’ Business Development Sessions on Thursday 21 November, 2019.
Local Buying Program suppliers and BHP buyers are invited to network and add value to how you do business over a light lunch. BHP and C-Res will be providing valuable Local Buying Program information and updates. A range of guest speakers will also feature during this informative event.
You won’t want to miss this opportunity to showcase your business capabilities, network and listen to a range of speakers during specialised learning sessions.
* PAT Centre, Olympic Dam | Thursday November 21, 2019 | 11.00am – 2.00pm (RSVP is essential).
If you are a BHP Buyer or local small business (with fewer than 20 FTE) contact C-Res Business Development Advisor, Jessica Cardno – email@example.com to discuss registration.