About the Program
The Local Buying Program has been established to support small businesses in the Central Highlands, Isaac and Mackay local government areas in their engagements with BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) and BHP Mitsui Coal (BMC).
Recognising that it can often be challenging for smaller businesses to engage as a supplier of BHP, the Program makes it simpler and easier for these businesses to competitively bid for supply opportunities that are released by BMA and BMC operations.
A critical element of the Local Buying Program is the Local Buying Foundation which aims to enhance the economic sustainability of local regions through the support of programs and initiatives that target local business training and development needs. For every transaction processed through the Local Buying Program in Queensland, BMA / BMC make a financial contribution to the Foundation.
Some benefits of participating in the Local Buying Program include:
- Greater supplier exposure to BMA and BMC operations through an online supplier directory
- Greater exposure to work opportunities
- A simplified engagement tool (Local Buying Program website)
- Appropriate payment terms (21 days from receipt of invoice)
- Simpler supplier on boarding process
- Qualification criteria specific for small business
- Continuous support from C-Res
More about the Program in Queensland – Highlights
- Queensland Highlights (July to September 2019)
- Queensland Highlights (April to June 2019)
- Queensland Highlights (January to March 2019)
- Queensland Highlights (October to December 2018)
Queensland Annual Summaries FY 19
- Local Buying Program – Annual Summary (Qld) 2018 – 2019
- Local Buying Foundation – Annual Summary (Qld) 2018 – 2019
For more information contact:
C-Res Business Development Advisor: Jessie Appleton | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0419 571 411
C-Res Office: email@example.com | 1800 536 663
Events listed below are either of relevance to the local business community or are delivered or sponsored by the Local Buying Program or Local Buying Foundation.
LOCAL BUYING PROGRAM – End of Year Networking Functions
Step up your business prospects while still winding down for the year.
In a series of end-of year networking functions, the Local Buying Program, in conjunction with the Local Buying Foundation, will give Local Buying Program suppliers and BHP buyers throughout the Bowen Basin a chance to connect and get ready to do business better in 2020.
Make a note in your calendar and watch out for your chance to register for events coming up in-
- Blackwater – Tuesday December 3
- Dysart – Wednesday December 4
- Moranbah – Thursday December 5
- Mackay – Friday December 13
All events are aimed at building the connections and the capacity and capabilities of businesses throughout the regions; and are proudly supported by the Queensland Local Buying Foundation. More information will be released soon!