About the Program
The Local Buying Program has been established to support small businesses in the Central Highlands, Isaac and Mackay local government areas in their engagements with BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) and BHP Billiton Mitsui Coal (BMC).
Recognising that it can often be challenging for smaller businesses to engage as a supplier of BHP, the Program makes it simpler and easier for these businesses to competitively bid for supply opportunities that are released by BMA and BMC operations.
A critical element of the Local Buying Program is the Local Buying Foundation which aims to enhance the economic sustainability of local regions through the support of programs and initiatives that target local business training and development needs. For every transaction processed through the Local Buying Program in Queensland, BMA / BMC make a financial contribution to the Foundation.
Some benefits of participating in the Local Buying Program include:
- Greater supplier exposure to BMA and BMC operations through an online supplier directory
- Greater exposure to work opportunities
- A simplified engagement tool (Local Buying Program website)
- Appropriate payment terms (21 days from receipt of invoice)
- Simpler supplier on boarding process
- Qualification criteria specific for small business
- Continuous support from C-Res
More about the Program in Queensland
- Queensland Highlights (October to December 2018)
- LBP Annual Summary (Qld) 2017 2018
- LBF Annual Summary (Qld) 2017 2018
For more information contact:
C-Res Business Engagement Advisor: Jessie Appleton | email@example.com | 0419 571 411
C-Res Office: firstname.lastname@example.org | 1800 536 663