About the Program
The Local Buying Program has been established to support small businesses in the Central Highlands, Isaac and Mackay local government areas in their engagements with BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) and BHP Mitsui Coal (BMC).
Recognising that it can often be challenging for smaller businesses to engage as a supplier of BHP, the Program makes it simpler and easier for these businesses to competitively bid for supply opportunities that are released by BMA and BMC operations.
A critical element of the Local Buying Program is the Local Buying Foundation which aims to enhance the economic sustainability of local regions through the support of programs and initiatives that target local business training and development needs. For every transaction processed through the Local Buying Program in Queensland, BMA / BMC make a financial contribution to the Foundation.
Some benefits of participating in the Local Buying Program include:
- Greater supplier exposure to BMA and BMC operations through an online supplier directory
- Greater exposure to work opportunities
- A simplified engagement tool (Local Buying Program website)
- Appropriate payment terms (21 days from receipt of invoice)
- Simpler supplier on boarding process
- Qualification criteria specific for small business
- Continuous support from C-Res
More about the Program in Queensland – Highlights
- Queensland Highlights (April to June 2019)
- Queensland Highlights (January to March 2019)
- Queensland Highlights (October to December 2018)
Queensland Annual Summaries FY 19
- Local Buying Program – Annual Summary (Qld) 2018 – 2019
- Local Buying Foundation – Annual Summary (Qld) 2018 – 2019
For more information contact:
C-Res Business Development Advisor: Jessie Appleton | email@example.com | 0419 571 411
C-Res Office: firstname.lastname@example.org | 1800 536 663
Events listed below are either of relevance to the local business community or are delivered or sponsored by the Local Buying Program or Local Buying Foundation.
Central Highlands Business Excellence Awards – Gala Dinner
CHDC’s biennial Central Highlands Business Excellence Awards are designed to celebrate the efforts and achievements of our diverse and dedicated business community and recognise their contribution, not only to economic vitality but to creating the strong, healthy, vibrant regional community that is the Central Highlands.
The Local Buying Foundation is proud to sponsor the “Innovation and Technology” category. Winners of the People’s Choice and 11 other categories will be announced at the Awards Gala Dinner on Saturday, 14 September 2019. Tickets can be purchased here.