About the Program
The Local Buying Program has been established to support small businesses in the Central Highlands, Isaac and Mackay local government areas in their engagements with BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) and BHP Billiton Mitsui Coal (BMC).
Recognising that it can often be challenging for smaller businesses to engage as a supplier of BHP, the Program makes it simpler and easier for these businesses to competitively bid for supply opportunities that are released by BMA and BMC operations.
A critical element of the Local Buying Program is the Local Buying Foundation which aims to enhance the economic sustainability of local regions through the support of programs and initiatives that target local business training and development needs. For every transaction processed through the Local Buying Program in Queensland, BMA / BMC make a financial contribution to the Foundation.
Some benefits of participating in the Local Buying Program include:
- Greater supplier exposure to BMA and BMC operations through an online supplier directory
- Greater exposure to work opportunities
- A simplified engagement tool (Local Buying Program website)
- Appropriate payment terms (21 days from receipt of invoice)
- Simpler supplier on boarding process
- Qualification criteria specific for small business
- Continuous support from C-Res
Read more about the program in Queensland:
- LBP Brochure (NSW & QLD)
- LBP Annual Summary (Qld) 2016 2017
- LBP Quarterly Summary (Qld) Q1 2017/2018
For more information contact:
C-Res Business Engagement Advisor: Kirra Alexander | email@example.com | 0419 571 411
C-Res: firstname.lastname@example.org | 1800 536 663
Events listed below are delivered or sponsored by the Local Buying Program or Local Buying Foundation.
Resource Industry Network Safety Conference – Mackay
The Conference will provide attendees with the latest industry information from inspirational speakers and experts.