Following COVID-19 enforced restrictions around engagement between suppliers and buyers, Meet the Buyer events had been on hold until recently. Re-introducing these events into business development activities is critical to building, or in some instances re-building, connections between suppliers and site by facilitating an opportunity to meet face to face.
Over 25 local businesses met with 30 BHP Buyers in Moranbah at the Workers Club for a breakfast event. Meet the Buyer events are an important means of connecting buyers with suppliers. Suppliers have the opportunity to display goods and services which can be purchased through the Local Buying Program. As a result, buyers are more aware of the purchasing solutions which are available locally. The flow on effects result in economic contributions to our regional communities.
- Meet the Buyer events showcase the LBP and its tangible community benefits to influential BHP stakeholders and community stakeholders
- There are many experienced and reputable local businesses registered as LBP Suppliers who have capacity and capability to meet supply requirements of sites. Meet the Buyer events facilitate important face to face meetings which create important business connections
- Buyers presented with the opportunity to discuss their purchasing needs/requirements with local businesses
- Building strong business relationships between site and small local businesses, enhances the local supply chain
- Engagement expands procurement opportunities for local suppliers, which increases social value and return to local communities within BHP’s operational footprint
“It was good to see so many companies (BHP Buyers and suppliers) at the event. I feel INDCO made a few new contacts which hopefully will stem to future work” said Ben Orme, LBP Supplier, INDCO.
Watch our Meet the Buyer Moranbah highlights video here.