About the Program
The Local Buying Program has been established to support small businesses in the Muswellbrook, Singleton and Upper Hunter shires in their engagements with BHP Mt Arthur Coal.
Recognising that it can often be challenging for smaller businesses to engage as a supplier of BHP, the Program makes it simpler and easier for these businesses to competitively bid for supply opportunities that are released by Mt Arthur Coal.
A critical element of the Local Buying Program is the Local Buying Foundation which aims to enhance the economic sustainability of local regions through the support of programs and initiatives that target local business training and development needs. For every transaction processed through the Local Buying Program in New South Wales, BHP makes a financial contribution to the Foundation.
Some benefits of participating in the Local Buying Program include:
- Greater supplier exposure to BHP operations through an online supplier directory
- Greater exposure to work opportunities
- A simplified engagement tool (Local Buying Program website)
- Appropriate payment terms (21 days from receipt of invoice)
- Simpler supplier on boarding process
- Qualification criteria specific for small business
- Continuous support from C-Res
Local small businesses who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to register.
More about the Program in New South Wales – Highlights
- New South Wales Highlights (April to June 2019)
- New South Wales Highlights (January to March 2019)
- New South Wales Highlights (October to December 2018)
New South Wales Annual Summaries FY19
- Local Buying Program – Annual Summary (NSW) 2018 – 2019
- Local Buying Foundation – Annual Summary (NSW) 2018 – 2019
For more information contact:
C-Res Business Development Advisor: Lisa Harpley | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0409 835 607
C-Res Office: email@example.com | 1800 536 663
Events listed below are either of relevance to the local business community or are delivered or sponsored by the Local Buying Program or Local Buying Foundation.
Hunter Research Centre – Second Upper Hunter Economic Breakfast for 2019
SECOND UPPER HUNTER ECONOMIC BRIEFING FOR 2019
Since 2002, the Hunter Research Foundation (HRF) Centre has run a dedicated research program in the Upper Hunter. You are invited to attend the second event for 2019, an economic breakfast on 11 Sept, where findings will be presented and discussed at a local level.
HRF Centre’s Lead Economist, Dr Anthea Bill, will deliver unique insights into the Upper Hunter economy including business and consumer expectations. This includes results from the Upper Hunter Pulse Survey of local expectations, presented in the latest Upper Hunter Region Economic Indicators.
Join 170+ other guests at this long-running event series. Be informed, challenged, inspired and ‘connected’.
DETAILS: WEDNESDAY, 11 SEPT | 6.45 to 9AM (speakers commence 7:15am)
VENUE: Muswellbrook RSL Club
FREE TO ATTEND – REGISTRATION IS ESSENTIAL by 4pm Friday, 6 Sept 2019
CONTACT: Email Olivia Wyborn or call (02) 4033 9457