About the Program
The Local Buying Program has been established to support small businesses in the Muswellbrook, Singleton and Upper Hunter shires in their engagements with BHP Mt Arthur Coal.
Recognising that it can often be challenging for smaller businesses to engage as a supplier of BHP, the Program makes it simpler and easier for these businesses to competitively bid for supply opportunities that are released by Mt Arthur Coal.
A critical element of the Local Buying Program is the Local Buying Foundation which aims to enhance the economic sustainability of local regions through the support of programs and initiatives that target local business training and development needs. For every transaction processed through the Local Buying Program in New South Wales, BHP makes a financial contribution to the Foundation.
Some benefits of participating in the Local Buying Program include:
- Greater supplier exposure to BHP operations through an online supplier directory
- Greater exposure to work opportunities
- A simplified engagement tool (Local Buying Program website)
- Appropriate payment terms (21 days from receipt of invoice)
- Simpler supplier on boarding process
- Qualification criteria specific for small business
- Continuous support from C-Res
Local small businesses who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to register.
More about the Program in New South Wales – Highlights
- New South Wales Highlights (July to September 2019)
- New South Wales Highlights (April to June 2019)
- New South Wales Highlights (January to March 2019)
- New South Wales Highlights (October to December 2018)
New South Wales Annual Summaries FY19
- Local Buying Program – Annual Summary (NSW) 2018 – 2019
- Local Buying Foundation – Annual Summary (NSW) 2018 – 2019
For more information contact:
C-Res Business Development Advisor: Lisa Harpley | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0409 835 607
C-Res Office: email@example.com | 1800 536 663