The first region-wide pastoral field day will be staged in Port Augusta and features two days of trade stalls and industry presentations, and concludes with the School of the Air Wool Show.
Presentation Topics Include:
– Diversifying into tourism: The Station Stays experience
– Importance of Rangelands Soils – Michael Eyres
– Climate outlook and modelling – Roger Stone
– Roots and grazing – Mic Kentish
– Satellite Assisted feed Budgeting – CIBO labs
– Are you bogged mate? – Mary O’Brien
– Telling your pastoral story – the Livestock Collective
– Mineral supplementation – Colin Tengrove
– Grazing value of native grasses
– Securing your property’s future – Jeanette Long
– Telemetry – Mike Hayes
– Ecological assessment and mapping – Richard Marver
Children’s activities all day on 2 December and School of the Air Wool Show on 3 December.